They say you learn something new everyday. On your unending quest on upgrading your gray matter, ’cause one day it may matter, here is a guide – The Gourmet Guide to Self-Education. After reading this list, I was inspired to highlight each point, print it out and post in on my wall in my room. That was over a decade ago. This list might’ve even changed my attitude on education. Back then, college wasn’t even on my radar. This list proves that words do carry weight and can empower minds. The design wasn’t put into effect until last year as a Christmas gift to my Facebook friends. That gift was inspiration.
Below is the list in order as it appears in own of the most inspirational books I’ve read as a youth – No More Prisons.
A Gourmet Guide to Self-Education
- You are self-motivated.
- You’re allowed to have fun.
- Learn with friends.
- Scare away your shyness.
- Save all your ideas.
- Create your own curriculum.
- Act on what you learn.
- Questions questions questions
- Conferences conferences conferences
- Feed and water your mentors.
- Lists are good.
- Long and short-term goal setting.
- I never feel guilty.
- You don’t have to quit school to self-school.
- Celebrate what you learn.
- Friendship is learning.
- Learning is scary.
- Beware of teaching.
- Never be too proud to ask for help!